There is no such thing as too clean in the food industry, which must adhere to the highest standards of hygiene for the protection of their product and the safety of their customers.
Food industry protocols are designed to help keep products safe from contamination by bacteria as well as dirt, debris and cross contamination of ingredients that contain allergens.
It’s a responsibility that requires the most diligent and reliable processes of cleanliness and hygiene. The right work uniforms – and work uniform provider – are a key component.
At Budget Uniform, we understand the burden and responsibility that our food industry clients bear. It’s a responsibility that we share in providing a reliable and high-quality work uniform program that they don’t have to worry about. That’s our job.
HACCP Food Processing & Uniforms
Safe food processing work uniforms must adhere to a higher standard of safety and hygiene, including garments compliant with HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) guidelines.
HACCP guidelines cover both the design of the garments themselves as well as the laundering and handling process. At Budget our food industry product protection processes include:
- Portal to portal sanitation control
- Cross-contamination protection
- Documented, verifiable processing
- HACCP/GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) trained service staff
- Food processing/Food service specific safety garments
- Hygienically Clean certification
- Fitted garments to help prevent product waste and spills
- No pockets. Pockets can trap bacteria, or allow objects to fall into food production areas.
- Snap closures. Buttons can fall off, contaminate food and ruin a production run. Snaps also make for quick garment removal after spills.
- Separate laundering to help avoid cross-contamination from other uniforms
- Separate water temperature and rinse processes to help ensure conditions that will loosen soil and kill disease-causing microorganisms
Hygiene that is Put to the Test
When it comes to being “clean,” there should be no room for interpretation. Budget Uniform is also Hygienically Clean certified, a rigorous standard that requires facility inspections and ongoing microbial testing of garments. Hygienically Clean standards, established by the industry trade group TRSA, are internationally recognized and rely on third-party verification. They have also increasingly been recognized as a necessary, industry-wide protocol since the outbreak of COVID-19.
Hygienically Clean certification includes on-site inspections to evaluate:
- Uniform upkeep practices
- Employee training and protection
- OSHA compliance
- Managerial understanding of certification requirements
- Third-party testing
- Hygienic operations
Our Commitment to Clean
It’s a rigorous standard that we uphold for the safety – and peace of mind – of our food industry clients. Our commitment to providing a reliable, hygienic and professional work uniform program they never have to think about is one we have lived by for six decades as a family-owned independent work uniform provider.
Give us a call to learn why we are Southern California’s work uniform provider of choice for industries with the highest standards for safety and hygiene.