At Budget Uniform, we know that our service and commitment to providing the highest quality work uniform products in the industry far exceeds the experience many of our clients have had with the big national chains. Being a local, independent and family-owned business means putting our reputation on the line every single day in our own community. We’re accountable to our community and we’re accountable to our family legacy. That’s not something we take lightly.
Neither do other independent uniform providers. A recent survey performed by Market Measurement found that local uniform suppliers ranked higher than their national competitors when they asked companies which uniform provider would provide better products, service, value and fairer billing.
In a follow-up survey of clients who had recently switched providers, local uniform providers came out ahead again, for providing better service to their clients and exceeding the expectations of clients who had switched from national chains.
Local Uniform Suppliers Rate Higher
If uniform rental suppliers don’t meet the needs of their customers, they lose customers. A comparison of customers using an independently-owned uniform provider with those using a national chain found that 74% of the independent providers’ customers would “absolutely renew” their uniform service agreement in the next few months, compared to 52% of national chain clients, the survey found.
Respondents also overwhelmingly said that local suppliers:
- Have quality personnel
- Deliver in a timely fashion
- Are more accessible by phone
- Respond to problems swiftly
- Provide uniforms with a better appearance
When it came to deliveries, uniform appearance and fast response times, local uniform rental suppliers consistently outranked their national competitors, according to clients who had experience with both.
Local Suppliers Benefit Your Bottom Line
The independent providers also outperformed their national competitors when it came to billing and replacement policies:
- 49% of survey respondents that switched from national to local uniform suppliers said local supplier billing policies were better than expected, compared to 19% of companies that switched from local to national suppliers
- 49% of survey respondents that switched from national to local uniform suppliers said local supplier replacement policies were better than expected, and only 19% of companies that switched from local to national suppliers felt the same
- 52% of survey respondents that switched from national to local uniform suppliers said local supplier repairs exceeded their expectations, and only 15% of companies that switched from local to national suppliers felt the same
But we didn’t need a survey to show us this. We hear these stories everyday from our own clients who have made the switch. From uniform shortages and poor uniform condition to poor billing practices, the big national companies can’t measure up to the business practices of a company whose clients are also their neighbors, and whose reputation is built on three generations.
Trust Us with Your Uniform Needs
At Budget Uniform, our goal is to provide our clients with a work uniform program they don’t ever have to think about. If you can’t say the same thing about your uniform provider, you may need a new uniform provider. Our uniforms arrive on time, in good condition, for the price we promise, with no surprises. If you’re not sure what you’re getting from your uniform provider, contact us and we’ll provide an audit of your delivery ticket to determine if you’ve got the uniform program you need, at a price that makes sense.